Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Man Love in India

Okay, one of the things about India that is kind of strange is the way men, teenagers, and boys practice PDA. Tom and I just call it "Man Love" or "Boy Love", like we'll be out somewhere and Tom will say "Lots of Man Love going on over there". There is no concept of homosexuality in India, this just isn't accepted here and any kind of homosexuality is strictly forbidden and never discussed if it happens. BUT, all over India you will see males walking down the street holding hands, arms wrapped around each other, hanging all over each other ALWAYS.
It is not acceptable for a male/female couple to hold hands in public, really it's not acceptable for a male/female couple to touch in public. I am constantly checking myself when we are out in public to make sure that I don't grab Tom's hand or touch his back or whatever when we are out shopping.
Tom and I have had many conversations regarding homosexuality in India and he is in total denial that it happens....until today. The piece of newspaper that the ironwallah stuck in his shirt had a portion of the classifieds. Below is some of it:

Under the "Health Club/Physical Fitness" section:
MENZSPA Male to Male (Hotel, Centre) Hi-profile youngsters Total Relaxation Any Time

So, I guess it is okay to advertise children for sale?? I was totally shocked by this and so was Tom.

MALE exclusive massage complete relaxation M2M, full satisfaction head 2 toe (hotels/doorstep only)

MALE 2 Male Massage total Relaxation and Satisfaction always at Ur Service

NEVER BEFORE SEEN FANTASY MEN MASSEUR WAITING FOR GIVE YOU SPECIAL SERVICE

U Reach me, this is the most appropriate way to get feel relaxed

Okay, so some of that is pretty funny and I typed it exactly the way it was written in the classifieds. Tom was just cracking up and said that he had no idea there was any kind of Male2Male anything going on in India. I have been telling him forever that there is no way all of this Man Love is just friendly affection!

To be fair, there is a section for "Party Entertainers" and I've selected the two best ones:

"MILAN_FRIENDSHIP" Cont. for Friendship+Earn with Bold, Hot, COOPERATIVE, Models, COLLEGE GIRLS

THE Great Tamil Entmn't Network is Calling u to Rejuice ur Life, Meet Hi Society Matured Females, Make Friendship N Dating earn handsome amount (Not 4 unemployed N student)

I think I am going to start paying more attention to the pages of newspaper that fall out of Tom's shirts when he brings them back from the ironwallah. Those classifieds just cracked me up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin the man lovin in going on in India...you have again made me laugh so hard that I think I peed a little.

    ReplyDelete